noun. ['ˈkɑːntɛnts, kənˈtɛnts'] a list of divisions (chapters or articles) and the pages on which they start.
- tabular array
- table of contents
Words that Rhyme with Contents
Example sentences of the word contents
1. Noun, plural
Secure the lid firmly on the jar and shake well until the contents are well combined.
Quotes containing the word contents
1. You are not your job, you're not how much money you have in the bank. You are not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You are not your fucking khakis. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.
- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
2. The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age.
- H.P. Lovecraft
3. Don't just say you have read books. Show that through them you have learned to think better, to be a more discriminating and reflective person. Books are the training weights of the mind. They are very helpful, but it would be a bad mistake to suppose that one has made progress simply by having internalized their contents."Translation by Sharon Lebell
- Epictetus, The Art of Living: The Classical Manual on Virtue, Happiness and Effectiveness