Table of Contents
noun. ['kənˈsɪstənsi'] a harmonious uniformity or agreement among things or parts.
Rhymes with Consistency
How do you pronounce consistency?
Pronounce consistency as kənˈsɪstənsi.
US - How to pronounce consistency in American English
UK - How to pronounce consistency in British English
Sentences with consistency
1. Noun, singular or mass
Mix salt, water, and a half a teaspoon of vinegar together until you get a murky consistency.
Quotes about consistency
1. as soon as we renounce fiction and illusion, we lose reality itself; the moment we subtract fictions from reality, reality itself loses its discursive-logical consistency.
- Slavoj Žižek, Tarrying with the Negative: Kant, Hegel, and the Critique of Ideology
2. ...the rarest of all human qualities is consistency.
- Jeremy Bentham
3. Fiction that adds up, that suggests a "logical consistency,"or an explanation of some kind, is surely second-rate fiction; for the truth of life is its mystery.
- Joyce Carol Oates, The Journal of Joyce Carol Oates: 1973-1982
noun. ['kənˈsɪstənsi'] the property of holding together and retaining its shape.
noun. ['kənˈsɪstənsi'] logical coherence and accordance with the facts.
noun. ['kənˈsɪstənsi'] (logic) an attribute of a logical system that is so constituted that none of the propositions deducible from the axioms contradict one another.