noun. ['ˈkɑːŋkɝɪŋ'] the act of conquering.
- gaining control
Words that Rhyme with Conquering
Example sentences of the word conquering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Guns were an indispensable tool in conquering the American frontier.
Quotes containing the word conquering
1. I want love to conquer all. But love can't conquer anything. It can't do anything on it's own.It relies on us to do the conquering on its behalf.
- David Levithan, Every Day
2. What made you fall in love with a prostitute?”“I didn’t understand it myself at the time. But I’ve thought about it since, and I think it was because, knowing that your body would never be mine alone, I had to concentrate on conquering your soul.
- Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes
3. The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.
- Pierre de Coubertin