Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɑːŋkɝɪŋ'] the act of conquering.
- gaining control
Rhymes with Conquering
Sentences with conquering
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Guns were an indispensable tool in conquering the American frontier.
Quotes about conquering
1. I want love to conquer all. But love can't conquer anything. It can't do anything on it's own.It relies on us to do the conquering on its behalf.
- David Levithan, Every Day
2. What made you fall in love with a prostitute?”“I didn’t understand it myself at the time. But I’ve thought about it since, and I think it was because, knowing that your body would never be mine alone, I had to concentrate on conquering your soul.
- Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes
3. The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.
- Pierre de Coubertin