adjective. ['kənˈfaɪnɪŋ'] restricting the scope or freedom of action.
Words that Rhyme with Confining
Example sentences of the word confining
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Walk your dog before and after confining him so he can relieve himself.
Quotes containing the word confining
1. My definition of dictionary can’t be found in the dictionary. Dictionary—A linguistic prison, confining words to well-defined cells, with little chance of parole.
- Jarod Kintz, How to construct a coffin with six karate chops
2. For Reason, ruling alone, is a force confining; and Passion, unattended,is a flame that burns to its own destruction.
- Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
3. Romantic Ring Ceremony Define this wedding ring,with which I betroth thee unto me forever,not by the confining boundaries of it's goldbut by the empty circle within -that perfect portal to your loving heartyou have opened for me, and me alone -as I have opened mine for you.
- Beryl Dov
adjective. ['kənˈfaɪnɪŋ'] crowded.