Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɑːmpləmɛnts'] (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare.
Rhymes with Compliments
Sentences with compliments
1. Noun, plural
Members also learn how to make introductions for others and how to pay and receive compliments.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
Set up mining equipment that compliments the geography of the claim.
Quotes about compliments
1. I despise the rituals of fake friendship. I wish we could just claw each other's eyes out and call it a day; instead we put on huge radiant smiles and spout compliments until our teeth hurt from the saccharine sweetness of it all.
- Jody Gehrman, Babe in Boyland
2. Using my nipples as bait, I went fishing for compliments. I got a few bites, but nothing to write about in Field & Stream.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
- Thomas Wolfe