Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɑːmpətɪns'] the quality of being adequately or well qualified physically and intellectually.
- linguistic competence
Rhymes with Competence
Sentences with competence
1. Noun, singular or mass
Promotional opportunities often depend on demonstrated competence in soft skills, such as communication and customer service.
Quotes about competence
1. Fathers and mothers have lost the idea that the highest aspiration they might have for their children is for them to be wise... specialized competence and success are all that they can imagine.
- Allan Bloom
2. Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.
- Eleanor Roosevelt, The Autobiography of Eleanor Roosevelt
3. Friendships are nice. So is competence.
- Michael Crichton, Disclosure