Table of Contents
noun. ['kəˈmɪti'] a special group delegated to consider some matter.
- steering committee
- election commission
- political action committee
- finance committee
- administrative unit
- standing committee
- Economic and Social Council commission
- blue ribbon commission
- zoning commission
- select committee
- ethics panel
- fairness commission
- ECOSOC commission
- blue ribbon committee
- administrative body
- committee member
- planning commission
- ethics committee
- get off
- live out
Rhymes with Committee
How do you pronounce committee?
Pronounce committee as kəˈmɪti.
US - How to pronounce committee in American English
UK - How to pronounce committee in British English
How do you spell committee? Is it committy ?
A common misspelling of committee is committy
How to spell committee? Is it committe? Or commitee? Common misspellings are:
Sentences with committee
1. Noun, singular or mass
Also, encourage employees to serve on some kind of committee at work.
Quotes about committee
1. Throughout its history, the international Olympic Committee has struggled to spread its ideal of fraternity, friendship, peace and universal understanding.
- Juan Antonio Samaranch
2. No matter how you care to define it, I do not identify with the local group. Planet, species, race, nation, state, religion, party, union, club, association, neighborhood improvement committee; I have no interest in any of it. I love and treasure individuals as I meet them, I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to.
- George Carlin, Brain Droppings
3. Tell the negative committee that meets inside your head that they have nothing to say you haven't heard before and it's about time they disbanded until they have something positive to say.
- Karon Waddell
noun. ['kəˈmɪti'] a self-constituted organization to promote something.
- nongovernmental organization
- citizens committee
- welcoming committee