Table of Contents
verb. ['kəˈmɛmɝˌeɪt'] mark by some ceremony or observation.
Rhymes with Commemorate
How do you pronounce commemorate?
Pronounce commemorate as kəˈmɛmərˌeɪt.
US - How to pronounce commemorate in American English
UK - How to pronounce commemorate in British English
Sentences with commemorate
1. Verb, non-3rd person singular present
Flowers often commemorate some of life’s most important moments.
2. Verb, base form
That doesn't necessarily mean a party; there are other ways to commemorate this date.
Quotes about commemorate
1. My birthday is on a holiday. I just have to wait until I die and they commemorate me.
- Jarod Kintz, Great Listener Seeks Mute Women
2. It is my hope that as we commemorate Black History Month in the future, we will continue to celebrate the many achievements and rich culture of African-Americans.
- Eliot Engel
3. Please Don't Commemorate Me Just Yet [10w] The living are only commemorated when they're at death's door.
- Beryl Dov
verb. ['kəˈmɛmɝˌeɪt'] call to remembrance; keep alive the memory of someone or something, as in a ceremony.
- clock out
verb. ['kəˈmɛmɝˌeɪt'] be or provide a memorial to a person or an event.