adjective. ['ˈkʌmfɝtɪd'] made comfortable or more comfortable in a time of distress.
Words that Rhyme with Comforted
Example sentences of the word comforted
1. Verb, past participle
May God always be with you, and may you always feel comforted by His love."
Give the patient her favorite books to keep her comforted when she has time alone.
3. Verb, past tense
But he comforted me that he used to have three dogs on his bed and running his life.
Quotes containing the word comforted
1. But better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
- Khaled Hosseini
2. Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.
- Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
3. I suffer from life and from other people. I can’t look at reality face to face. Even the sun discourages and depresses me. Only at night and all alone, withdrawn, forgotten and lost, with no connection to anything real or useful — only then do I find myself and feel comforted.
- Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet