Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈkʌmfɝtəbli'] in financial comfort.
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- comfortable (English)
- -able (English)
Rhymes with Comfortably
Sentences with comfortably
1. Verb, base form
But suppose you can comfortably afford $15,000.
This will allow you to get under the car comfortably so you can pull the fuel pump.
3. Verb, past tense
Conduct negotiations on a home with a purchase price that comfortably fits your budget.
Quotes about comfortably
1. The feeling of friendship is like that of being comfortably filled with roast beef; love, like being enlivened with champagne.
- Samuel Johnson
2. 'Summer of Love: Art of the Psychedelic Era,' the Whitney Museum's 40th-anniversary trip down counterculture memory lane, provides moments of buzzy fun, but it'll leave you only comfortably numb. For starters, it may be the whitest, straightest, most conservative show seen in a New York museum since psychedelia was new.
- Jerry Saltz
3. Everyone’s different, and in that way everyone’s the same. Stand out by sitting down. Try my love seat—it’s made for two people, so you can be comfortably obese.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE