Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɔfɪn'] box in which a corpse is buried or cremated.
Rhymes with Coffin
How do you pronounce coffin?
Pronounce coffin as ˈkɔfɪn.
US - How to pronounce coffin in American English
UK - How to pronounce coffin in British English
Sentences with coffin
1. Noun, singular or mass
Sometimes church bells would ring as the coffin made its way to the graveyard.
Quotes about coffin
1. I am my heart’s undertaker. Daily I go and retrieve its tattered remains, place them delicately into its little coffin, and bury it in the depths of my memory, only to have to do it all again tomorrow.
- Emilie Autumn, The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls
2. If you show someone something you've written, you give them a sharpened stake, lie down in your coffin, and say, ‘When you’re ready’.
- David Mitchell, Black Swan Green
3. A coffin would make a great suitcase. If I folded it neatly, I’ll bet I could pack in all my love for you.
- Jarod Kintz, Love quotes for the ages. Specifically ages 18-81.
verb. ['ˈkɔfɪn'] place into a coffin.