Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈkɑːki'] overly self-confident or self-assertive.
- -y (English)
- -y (Middle English (1100-1500))
- cockatoo (English)
- burung kakaktua (Malay (macrolanguage))
- cocksure (English)
Rhymes with Cocky
How do you pronounce cocky?
Pronounce cocky as ˈkɑki.
US - How to pronounce cocky in American English
UK - How to pronounce cocky in British English
Sentences with cocky
1. Noun, singular or mass
Speak confidently into the microphone, smile and act thankful, without coming off as cocky.
Do not be cocky if you're a student.
Quotes about cocky
1. Confidence is ignorance. If you're feeling cocky, it's because there's something you don't know.
- Eoin Colfer, Artemis Fowl
2. Education: the path from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty.
- Mark Twain
noun. soup made from chicken boiled with leeks.