adjective. ['ˈklaʊdləs'] free from clouds.
- -less (English)
- -leas (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- cloud (English)
- cloud (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Cloudless
Example sentences of the word cloudless
1. Noun, singular or mass
If you live in the city, observe the night sky on a cloudless night.
Quotes containing the word cloudless
1. She walks in beauty, like the nightOf cloudless climes and starry skies;And all that's best of dark and brightMeet in her aspect and her eyes...
- George Gordon Byron
2. Hope.It's like a drop of honey, a field of tulips blooming in the springtime. It's a fresh rain, a whispered promise, a cloudless sky, the perfect punctuation mark at the end of a sentence. And it's the only thing in the world keeping me afloat.
- Tahereh Mafi, Unravel Me
3. If knowledge isn't self-knowledge it isn't doing much, mate. Is the universe expanding? Is it contracting? Is it standing on one leg and singing 'When Father Painted the Parlour'? Leave me out. I can expand my universe without you. 'She walks into beauty, like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies, and all that's best of dark and bright meet in her aspect and her eyes.
- Tom Stoppard, Arcadia