Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkloʊk'] anything that covers or conceals.
Rhymes with Cloak
How do you pronounce cloak?
Pronounce cloak as kloʊk.
US - How to pronounce cloak in American English
UK - How to pronounce cloak in British English
Sentences with cloak
1. Noun, singular or mass
Merlin is clad in a long purple robe wrapped in a purple cloak.
Quotes about cloak
1. Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?"Harry interrupted again."So he can sneak up on people,"said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking...
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. Deep in the meadow, hidden far awayA cloak of leaves, a moonbeam rayForget your woes and let your troubles layAnd when it's morning again, they'll wash awayHere it's safe, here it's warmHere the daisies guard you from every harmHere your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them trueHere is the place where I love you.
- Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
3. Love keeps the cold out better than a cloak.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
adjective. conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods.
noun. ['ˈkloʊk'] a loose outer garment.
- opera cloak
- outer garment
- opera hood
- hooded cloak
verb. ['ˈkloʊk'] cover with or as if with a cloak.
verb. ['ˈkloʊk'] cover as if with clothing.
- spread over
- fall short of
verb. ['ˈkloʊk'] hide under a false appearance.