verb. ['ˈklɪk'] move or strike with a noise.
Words that Rhyme with Click
Example sentences of the word click
1. Noun, singular or mass
Make sure you hear the click as you secure the belt.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
Right click the drive icon and select "Eject."
3. Verb, base form
Open the application and click the appropriate button to send a fax.
Choose the image file you saved and click "Insert" to import the image file.
Quotes containing the word click
1. They heard the click of the mail slot and flop of letters on the doormat. "Get the mail, Dudley,"said Uncle Vernon from behind his paper. "Make Harry get it.""Get the mail, Harry.""Make Dudley get it.""Poke him with your Smelting stick, Dudley.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
2. Sometimes I arrive just when God's ready to have somone click the shutter.
- Ansel Adams
3. Everyone I have lost in the closing of a doorthe click of the lockis not forgotten, theydo not die but remainwithin the soft edgesof the earth, the ashof house fires and cancerin sin and forgivenesshuddled under old blanketsdreaming their way intomy hands, my heartclosing tight like fists.- "Indian Boy Love Song #1
- Sherman Alexie, The Business of Fancydancing
noun. a fast and rhythmic click-clack.
noun. ['ˈklɪk'] a short light metallic sound.
verb. ['ˈklɪk'] make a clicking or ticking sound.
verb. ['ˈklɪk'] cause to make a snapping sound.
verb. ['ˈklɪk'] click repeatedly or uncontrollably.
verb. ['ˈklɪk'] make a clucking sounds, characteristic of hens.
- let loose
- let out
- close up
noun. ['ˈklɪk'] depression of a button on a computer mouse.
- mouse click
- get off
verb. ['ˈklɪk'] become clear or enter one's consciousness or emotions.
- sink in
- fall into place
- get through
- come home
- get across
noun. ['ˈklɪk'] a hinged catch that fits into a notch of a ratchet to move a wheel forward or prevent it from moving backward.