noun. ['ˈklɛnzɪŋ'] the act of making something clean.
- dry cleaning
Words that Rhyme with Cleansing
Example sentences of the word cleansing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Before starting any cleansing program, speak to your doctor or a licensed nutritionist for more information.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Wet a soft cloth and sprinkle some non-abrasive cleansing powder on it.
Repeat once each day as your normal cleansing routine.
Quotes containing the word cleansing
1. The Bible may, indeed does, contain a warrant for trafficking in humans, for ethnic cleansing, for slavery, for bride-price, and for indiscriminate massacre, but we are not bound by any of it because it was put together by crude, uncultured human mammals.
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
2. However it is debased or misinterpreted, love is a redemptive feature. To focus on one individual so that their desires become superior to yours is a very cleansing experience.
- Jeanette Winterson
3. I still don't know if things fit together, or if everything will be all right in the end. But I believe that something means something. I believe in cleansing the soul through fun and games. I also believe in love. And I have several good friends, and just one bad one.
- Erlend Loe, Naïve. Super
adjective. ['ˈklɛnzɪŋ'] cleansing the body by washing; especially ritual washing of e.g. hands.
adjective. ['ˈklɛnzɪŋ'] acting like an antiseptic.
- keep down