adjective. ['ˈtʃɑːpt'] prepared by cutting.
Rhymes with Chopped
Sentences with chopped
1. Verb, past tense
Drop in a pat or two of unsalted butter and chopped garlic, shallot or onion.
Sprinkle the chicken with chopped onions, salt and black pepper to taste.
3. Verb, past participle
1 beet (peeled & chopped)
Quotes about chopped
1. People aren't either wicked or noble. They're like chef's salads, with good things and bad things chopped and mixed together in a vinaigrette of confusion and conflict.
- Lemony Snicket, The Grim Grotto
2. When God had made The Man, he made him out of stuff that sung all the time and glittered all over. Some angels got jealous and chopped him into millions of pieces, but still he glittered and hummed. So they beat him down to nothing but sparks but each little spark had a shine and a song. So they covered each one over with mud. And the lonesomeness in the sparks make them hunt for one another.
- Zora Neale Hurston, Their Eyes Were Watching God
3. I type as fast as a ten-legged man who just had eight legs chopped off runs.
- Jarod Kintz, Who Moved My Choose?: An Amazing Way to Deal With Change by Deciding to Let Indecision Into Your Life