noun. ['tʃɪmˈpænzi'] intelligent somewhat arboreal ape of equatorial African forests.
- great ape
- central chimpanzee
- Pan troglodytes schweinfurthii
- western chimpanzee
- Pan troglodytes troglodytes
- Pan troglodytes verus
- genus Pan
- eastern chimpanzee
- Pan paniscus
- Pan troglodytes
Words that Rhyme with Chimpanzee
How do you pronounce chimpanzee?
Pronounce chimpanzee as ʧɪmˈpænzi.
US - How to pronounce chimpanzee in American English
UK - How to pronounce chimpanzee in British English
Example sentences of the word chimpanzee
1. Noun, singular or mass
The chimpanzee begins weaning in his third year.
Adolescent females can move around among various chimpanzee communities.
Quotes containing the word chimpanzee
1. I guess I'm just an old mad scientist at bottom. Give me an underground laboratory, half a dozen atom-smashers, and a beautiful girl in a diaphanous veil waiting to be turned into a chimpanzee, and I care not who writes the nation's laws.
- S.J. Perelman
2. You can't teach calculus to a chimpanzee. So just share your banana.
- John Rachel, Blinders Keepers