Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈtʃɪkən'] the flesh of a chicken used for food.
- Gallus gallus
- white meat
- chicken wing
Rhymes with Chicken
How do you pronounce chicken?
Pronounce chicken as ˈʧɪkən.
US - How to pronounce chicken in American English
UK - How to pronounce chicken in British English
Sentences with chicken
1. Noun, singular or mass
Many of the grams of fat and calories come from the fried chicken that tops the salad.
2. Verb, past participle
Dinner specials change daily and traditional Italian meals include chicken Marsala and pizzas.
Finger sandwiches with cold cuts, chicken fingers and mini-burgers are good food options for the kids.
Quotes about chicken
1. Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!
- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
2. You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
- Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid
3. Come on, it’s an American tradition. Apple soup? Mom’s homemade chicken pie?' She chuckled in spite of herself, then winced. 'It’s apple pie and Mom’s homemade chicken soup. But you didn’t do badly, for a start.
- L.J. Smith, Nightfall
verb. fight while sitting on somebody's shoulders.
adjective. having a chest deformity marked by a projecting breastbone caused by infantile rickets.
noun. ['ˈtʃɪkən'] a domestic fowl bred for flesh or eggs; believed to have been developed from the red jungle fowl.
- spring chicken
- Gallus gallus
- domestic fowl
- Rhode Island red
noun. ['ˈtʃɪkən'] a person who lacks confidence, is irresolute and wishy-washy.
adjective. ['ˈtʃɪkən'] easily frightened.
noun. ['ˈtʃɪkən'] a foolhardy competition; a dangerous activity that is continued until one competitor becomes afraid and stops.
- achromatic color