Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkɛmɪst'] a scientist who specializes in chemistry.
Rhymes with Chemist
How do you pronounce chemist?
Pronounce chemist as ˈkɛmɪst.
US - How to pronounce chemist in American English
UK - How to pronounce chemist in British English
Sentences with chemist
1. Noun, singular or mass
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for a formulation chemist is $47,500.
Quotes about chemist
1. Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
2. [God] will not be used as a convenience. Men or nations who think they can revive the Faith in order to make a good society might just as well think they can use the stairs of heaven as a shortcut to the nearest chemist's shop.
- C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters
3. In France, a chemist named Pilatre de Rozier tested the flammability of hydrogen by gulping a mouthful and blowing across an open flame, proving at a stroke that hydrogen is indeed explosively combustible and that eyebrows are not necessarily a permanent feature of one's face.
- Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything
noun. ['ˈkɛmɪst'] a health professional trained in the art of preparing and dispensing drugs.
- pill pusher
- pill roller
- pharmaceutical chemist
- health professional
- primary care provider
- health care provider