noun. ['ˈtʃeɪnˌsɔ'] portable power saw; teeth linked to form an endless chain.
- chain saw
- sawing machine
- chain (English)
- chaine (Middle English (1100-1500))
- saw (English)
- sawe (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Chainsaw
Example sentences of the word chainsaw
1. Noun, singular or mass
Chop the remaining stump with a chainsaw or axe to bring it as close to the ground as possible.
Quotes containing the word chainsaw
1. We have to be back in three hours,"Ronan said. "I just fed Chainsaw but she'll need it again.""This,"Gansey replied "is precisely why I didn't want to have a baby with you.
- Maggie Stiefvater, The Raven Boys
2. It's amazing what you can do with an E in A-Level art, a twisted imagination and a chainsaw.
- Damien Hirst