Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈkætʃɪŋ'] (baseball) playing the position of catcher on a baseball team.
Rhymes with Catching
Sentences with catching
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Sailors often chose polydactyl cats as ship cats because they were regarded as lucky and better at catching mice.
Quotes about catching
1. Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!
- Suzanne Collins, Mockingjay
2. Ooh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry"said Hermione, before catching sight of Ron's raised eyebrows, blushing slightly and saying "oh you know what I mean - Goyle's Potion looked like bogies.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. I think everything that happened in Idris-Valentine, Max, Hodge, even Sebastian-I kept shoving it all down, trying to forget, but it's catching up with me. I... I'll get help. I'll get better. I promise.""You promise.""I swear on the Angel."He ducked his head down, kissed her cheek."The hell with that. I swear on us.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
adjective. seizing the attention.
noun. ['ˈkætʃɪŋ'] the act of detecting something; catching sight of something.
adjective. ['ˈkætʃɪŋ'] (of disease) capable of being transmitted by infection.
noun. ['ˈkætʃɪŋ'] becoming infected.