noun. ['ˈkæm'] a rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
- rotating mechanism
Words that Rhyme with Cam
Example sentences of the word cam
1. Noun, singular or mass
Loosely route the belt around the water pump and the right cam gear.
Though these electronic injectors were cam activated, the ECM function helped to control fuel.
Quotes containing the word cam
1. You seem to think you have a choice,"Cam said. "But you have it backwards. Love chooses you. The shadow moves as the sun commands.
- Lisa Kleypas, Married By Morning
2. Are you two you know?"Jacob pointed at us. "Together? Together? "I didn't get a chance to answer. Cam spun me around and kissed me, right there between the two buildings. It was no friendly peck on the lips. When our tongues touched, my bag slipped off my arm and hit the frosted ground."Holy crap,"Jacob muttered. "I think they're going to make babies.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout, Wait for You
3. Cam and I just broke up."Cam laughed, hugging me even tighter into his side.I huffed, trying to wriggle free. "What are you doing?""Getting back together with you.
- Samantha Young, Down London Road
noun. a river in east central England that flows past Cambridge to join the Ouse River.
- Cam River