adjective. ['ˈkælkjəˌleɪtɪŋ'] used of persons.
Words that Rhyme with Calculating
Example sentences of the word calculating
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
There are several ways of calculating this, and the best way is usually based on your industry.
Quotes containing the word calculating
1. There is a proverbial saying chiefly concerned with warning against too closely calculating the numerical value of un-hatched chicks.
- Neil Gaiman, Stardust
2. Only a female could be as calculating and have the foresight that destiny requires,' the gypsy explained. 'Now fate is a man,' he went on, 'no planning, just go with the flow and see what tomorrow brings.
- Traci Harding, The Dragon Queens
3. I have always considered "Pascal's Wager"a questionable bet to place, since any God worth believing in would prefer an honest agnostic to a calculating hypocrite.
- Alan M. Dershowitz, Letters to a Young Lawyer