noun. ['ˈbaɪɪŋ'] the act of buying.
- mail-order buying
- catalog buying
- -ing (English)
- -ing (Middle English (1100-1500))
- buy (English)
- byen (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Buying
Sentences with buying
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Consider buying tickets ahead of time since the orchestra doesn't play frequently.
2. Noun, singular or mass
The buying company often transacts a merger by way of a stock buyout.
Quotes about buying
1. I dreamed I was buying new shoes last night,"said Ron. "What d'ya think that's gonna mean?""Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something,"said Harry.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
2. My own interest in art was because of my mother. My father didn't like contemporary art, so he didn't give her large sums to spend. So, she began buying prints and drawings. During my school days, I remember sitting in on many of the early meetings.
- David Rockefeller
3. Whenever you're successful you owe that success to the people in the community, because they are the ones buying your product.
- Carl Karcher