Table of Contents
adjective. ['ˈbɛriːd'] placed in a grave.
- -ed (English)
- -od (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- bury (English)
- burien (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Buried
How do you pronounce buried?
Pronounce buried as ˈbɛrid.
US - How to pronounce buried in American English
UK - How to pronounce buried in British English
How to spell buried? Is it bord? Or burried? Common misspellings are:
Sentences with buried
They remain buried until the food is digested.
2. Verb, past participle
Sadly, the cave was shut down to public visits and filled in so the crystals are buried.
3. Verb, past tense
Iris rhizomes need to be planted shallowly with the top either just buried or showing slightly through the soil.
Quotes about buried
1. People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.
- Veronica Roth, Insurgent
2. Open a book this minute and start reading. Don’t move until you’ve reached page fifty. Until you’ve buried your thoughts in print. Cover yourself with words. Wash yourself away. Dissolve.
- Carol Shields, The Republic of Love
3. There were things I wanted to tell him. But I knew they would hurt him. So I buried them, and let them hurt me.
- Jonathan Safran Foer, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close