noun. ['ˈbrɑː'] an undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
- woman's clothing
- shoulder strap
- bracket (English)
Rhymes with Bra
How do you pronounce bra?
Pronounce bra as brɑ.
US - How to pronounce bra in American English
UK - How to pronounce bra in British English
Sentences with bra
1. Noun, singular or mass
Women start with less money because they start out with one extra item of clothing, a bra.
Continue gathering and pinning fabric on the bottom and on each side of the bra cup.
Quotes about bra
1. A piece of me is gone,"she told me once while we were bra shopping. "I think we're made up of all these different pieces and every time someone goes, you're left with less of yourself.
- Melina Marchetta, Saving Francesca
2. Somehow, Sydney had an internal clock that told her when time was up. I think it was part of her inherent ability to keep track of a hundred things at once. Not me. In these moments, my thoughts were usually focused on getting her shirt off and whether I’d get past the bra this time. So far, I hadn’t.
- Richelle Mead, The Fiery Heart
3. If someone invited you to a flash mob, would you wear a bra?
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE