noun. ['ˈbaʊ'] any of the larger branches of a tree.
- tree branch
Rhymes with Bough
How do you pronounce bough?
Pronounce bough as baʊ.
US - How to pronounce bough in American English
UK - How to pronounce bough in British English
Sentences with bough
1. Noun, singular or mass
Find a bough of wood that is 1 inch thick and between 10 and 12 inches long.
Quotes about bough
1. I shall have peace, as leafy trees are peaceful When rain bends down the bough; And I shall be more silent and cold-hearted Than you are now.
- Sara Teasdale, Rivers to the Sea
2. A fallen blossomreturning to the bough, I thought --But no, a butterfly.
- Arakida Moritake, Traditional Japanese Poetry: An Anthology
3. The Rubik's Cube of Omár my Mán A Key of Coke underneath the Bough,A Jug of Jack, a Brick of Hash ~ Newsflash:'Now who the fuck needs Thou'.
- Beryl Dov