noun. ['ˈbʊkˌʃɛlf'] a shelf on which to keep books.
Words that Rhyme with Bookshelf
Example sentences of the word bookshelf
1. Noun, singular or mass
Select two curtain panels that are long enough to cover the entire length of the bookshelf.
If you don't, check out Fluance's high performance powered bookshelf speakers.
Quotes containing the word bookshelf
1. So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookshelf on the wall.
- Roald Dahl
2. There weren't any curtains in the windows, and the books that didn't fit into the bookshelf lay piled on the floor like a bunch of intellectual refugees.
- Haruki Murakami, Sputnik Sweetheart
3. Fueled by my inspiration, I ran across the room to steal the cup of coffee the bookshelf had taken prisoner. Lapping the black watery brew like a hyena, I tossed the empty cup aside. I then returned to the chair to continue my divine act of creation. Hot blood swished in my head as my mighty pen stole across the page.
- Roman Payne, Rooftop Soliloquy