Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbʊkˌkeɪs'] a piece of furniture with shelves for storing books.
- article of furniture
- piece of furniture
- book (English)
- book (Middle English (1100-1500))
- case (English)
- cas (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Bookcase
How do you pronounce bookcase?
Pronounce bookcase as ˈbʊkˌkeɪs.
US - How to pronounce bookcase in American English
UK - How to pronounce bookcase in British English
Sentences with bookcase
1. Noun, singular or mass
Place the right side of the bookcase against the right side wall of the closet.
Quotes about bookcase
1. So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall.
- Roald Dahl
2. My bookcase is all yours."I walked to the door. "I've just decided that those are my favorite five words in the world.
- Kasie West, Pivot Point
3. Dear and most respected bookcase! I welcome your existence, which has for over one hundred years been devoted to the radiant ideals of goodness and justice.
- Anton Chekhov