adjective. ['ˈblʌʃɪŋ'] having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset.
Rhymes with Blushing
Sentences with blushing
1. Noun, singular or mass
Paste it in a Facebook conversation window to add a blushing smiley face to your message.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
You'd almost expect a group of blushing ladies in empire dresses to be dancing around the maypole nearby.
If blushing becomes a chronic issue, you may develop social phobias related to your blushing.
Quotes about blushing
1. Ooh, you look much tastier than Crabbe and Goyle, Harry"said Hermione, before catching sight of Ron's raised eyebrows, blushing slightly and saying "oh you know what I mean - Goyle's Potion looked like bogies.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
2. I want to say something so embarrassing about September that even the leaves start blushing and turning red.
- Jarod Kintz, I Want Two apply for a job at our country's largest funeral home, and then wear a suit and noose to the job interview.
3. Flower petals in the breeze look like a butterfly flapping its wings. My love for you takes flight like a white orchid blushing pink.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE