Table of Contents
adverb. ['ˈblʌntli'] in a blunt direct manner.
- flat out
- -ly (English)
- -lice (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
- blunt (English)
Rhymes with Bluntly
How do you pronounce bluntly?
Pronounce bluntly as ˈbləntli.
US - How to pronounce bluntly in American English
UK - How to pronounce bluntly in British English
Sentences with bluntly
To put it bluntly, you'll have to shave your pig's butt regularly.
Quotes about bluntly
1. To put it bluntly, there isn't one economic theory that can single-handedly explain Singapore's success; its economy combines extreme features of capitalism and socialism. All theories are partial; reality is complex.
- Ha-Joon Chang
2. You could say sorry,"suggested Harry bluntly. "What, and get attacked by another flock of canaries?"muttered Ron."What did you have to imitate her for?""She laughed at my mustache!""So did I, it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
3. To put it bluntly but fairly, anyone today who doubts that the variety of life on this planet was produced by a process of evolution is simply ignorant—inexcusably ignorant, in a world where three out of four people have learned to read and write.
- Daniel C. Dennett, Darwin's Dangerous Idea: Evolution and the Meanings of Life