Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbloʊɪŋ'] processing that involves blowing a gas.
Rhymes with Blowing
Sentences with blowing
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
If the wind is blowing toward you, choose a club that will go farther than the actual distance.
2. Noun, singular or mass
This helps distribute warm or cool air blowing in through air ducts.
Quotes about blowing
1. I love the feeling of the fresh air on my face and the wind blowing through my hair.
- Evel Knievel
2. In France, a chemist named Pilatre de Rozier tested the flammability of hydrogen by gulping a mouthful and blowing across an open flame, proving at a stroke that hydrogen is indeed explosively combustible and that eyebrows are not necessarily a permanent feature of one's face.
- Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything
3. My love for you won't stop with my leaving. Come an evening over the years, when you step outside your door and hear the wind blowing through the cottonwoods, that'll be me, thinking of you, whispering your name, and loving you.
- Penelope Williamson
adjective. intensely affecting the mind especially in producing hallucinations.