noun. ['ˈblɑːkɪŋ'] the act of obstructing or deflecting someone's movements.
- trap block
- natural object
Rhymes with Blocking
Sentences with blocking
1. Verb, gerund or present participle
Request that the customer service representative set up caller ID blocking for your home phone number.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Ask to be transferred to the customer service department responsible for "caller ID blocking."
Quotes about blocking
1. Success doesn't necessarily come from breakthrough innovation but from flawless execution. A great strategy alone won't win a game or a battle; the win comes from basic blocking and tackling.
- Naveen Jain
2. You're thinking I'm one of those wise-ass California vegetarians who is going to tell you that eating a few strips of bacon is bad for your health. I'm not. I say its a free country and you should be able to kill yourself at any rate you choose, as long as your cold dead body is not blocking my driveway.
- Scott Adams
3. Mad Eye' Moody on the Avada Kedavra curse: "Not nice,"he said calmly. "Not pleasant. And there's no counter curse. There's no blocking it. Only one known person has ever survived it, and he's sitting right in front of me.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire