adjective. ['ˈblɪsfəl'] completely happy and contented.
Words that Rhyme with Blissful
Example sentences of the word blissful
Life is short; take all the blissful bath experiences you can get.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Travelers who love blazing heat and humidity will find Disney World blissful in July and August.
Quotes containing the word blissful
1. I love the silent hour of night,For blissful dreams may then arise,Revealing to my charmed sightWhat may not bless my waking eyes.
- Anne Brontë, Best Poems of the Brontë Sisters
2. Then she was kissing him as she had never kissed him before...and it was blissful oblivion, better than firewhisky; she was the only real thing in the world.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
3. We can regard our life as a uselessly disturbing episode in the blissful repose of nothingness.
- Arthur Schopenhauer