verb. ['bɪˈwɛr'] be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to.
- watch out
- look out
- be- (English)
- be- (Middle English (1100-1500))
- ware (English)
- warian (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Beware
Sentences with beware
1. Verb, base form
Buyers must beware of any deals that sound too good to be true.
2. Noun, singular or mass
Just beware that king mackerel is high in mercury, so be sure to limit your intake.
Quotes about beware
1. Beware how you take away hope from another human being.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
2. Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
3. Beware; for I am fearless, and therefore powerful.
- Mary Shelley, Frankenstein