noun. ['ˈbɛndz'] pain resulting from rapid change in pressure.
- gas embolism
- caisson disease
- air embolism
- good health
Rhymes with Bends
Sentences with bends
1. Noun, plural
If you have difficulty turning your hips out for plies, deep knee bends might be better for you.
2. Verb, 3rd person singular present
If the stem bends but won't break, the stem is too young.
Quotes about bends
1. Love is not loveWhich alters when it alteration finds,Or bends with the remover to remove.O no, it is an ever-fixed markThat looks on tempests and is never shaken;It is the star to every wand'ring bark,Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken."(Sonnet 116)
- William Shakespeare, Shakespeare's Sonnets
2. The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.
- Martin Luther King Jr.
3. As Unto the bow the the cord is ,So unto the man is woman;Though she bends him, she obeys him,Though she draws him , yet she follows:Useless each without the other.
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow