Table of Contents
verb. ['bɪˈhoʊld'] see with attention.
- beholden (Middle English (1100-1500))
- behealdan (Old English (ca. 450-1100))
Rhymes with Behold
How do you pronounce behold?
Pronounce behold as bɪˈhoʊld.
US - How to pronounce behold in American English
UK - How to pronounce behold in British English
Sentences with behold
1. Verb, base form
A clean, slick and shiny bar top is a beauty to behold in any space.
Quotes about behold
1. Behold, my friends, the spring is come; the earth has gladly received the embraces of the sun, and we shall soon see the results of their love!
- Sitting Bull
2. I slept and dreamt that life was joy. I awoke and saw that life was service. I acted and behold, service was joy.
- Rabindranath Tagore
3. The meaning I picked, the one that changed my life: Overcome fear, behold wonder.
- Richard Bach