Table of Contents
noun. ['bɪˈhæf'] as the agent of or on someone's part (usually expressed as "on behalf of" rather than "in behalf of"); .
- bihalve (Middle English (1100-1500))
- healfe (Middle English (1100-1500))
Rhymes with Behalf
How do you pronounce behalf?
Pronounce behalf as bɪˈhæf.
US - How to pronounce behalf in American English
UK - How to pronounce behalf in British English
Sentences with behalf
1. Noun, singular or mass
Once the tax debt is satisfied, no further tax is due on behalf of the deceased.
Quotes about behalf
1. I want love to conquer all. But love can't conquer anything. It can't do anything on it's own.It relies on us to do the conquering on its behalf.
- David Levithan, Every Day
2. Humanity does not ask us to be happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf.
- Orson Scott Card, Ender's Game
3. Pray, v. To ask that the laws of the universe be annulled in behalf of a single petitioner, confessedly unworthy.
- Ambrose Bierce, The Unabridged Devil's Dictionary