Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbiːf'] cattle that are reared for their meat.
- Bos taurus
- Texas longhorn
- black Angus
- Santa Gertrudis
- Aberdeen Angus
- beef cattle
Rhymes with Beef
How do you pronounce beef?
Pronounce beef as bif.
US - How to pronounce beef in American English
UK - How to pronounce beef in British English
Sentences with beef
1. Noun, singular or mass
Never leave ground beef out at room temperature for more than two hours.
2. Verb, base form
If you want to eat meat rich in folic acid, turn to beef liver.
Quotes about beef
1. The feeling of friendship is like that of being comfortably filled with roast beef; love, like being enlivened with champagne.
- Samuel Johnson
2. I spent most of my youth hauling sides of beef and pork to my father's shop. Carrying you is far more enjoyable.""How sweet,"Annabelle mumbled sickly, her eyes closed. "Every woman dreams of being told that she's preferable to a dead cow.
- Lisa Kleypas, Secrets of a Summer Night
3. Having beef with someone is unnecessary and avoidable. Whatever the issue, if not positive, it is an opportunity to cut the excess fat from an unhealthy dietary network. Simply excuse yourself from the table of negativity and lean forward in peace.
- T.F. Hodge, From Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters with "The Divine Presence"
noun. ['ˈbiːf'] meat from an adult domestic bovine.
- Bos taurus
- bully beef
- beef loin
- corned beef
- ground beef
- cut of beef
- corn beef
noun. ['ˈbiːf'] informal terms for objecting.
verb. ['ˈbiːf'] complain.
- sound off