noun. ['ˈbeɪsmənt'] the lowermost portion of a structure partly or wholly below ground level; often used for storage.
Words that Rhyme with Basement
Example sentences of the word basement
1. Noun, singular or mass
that is lower than the kitchen floor and that enters into the basement or crawl space.
Feed the tubing from the tank through the hole in the exterior wall into the basement area.
Quotes containing the word basement
1. More people are leaving TV behind to read my books than ever before. In the last year alone I gained over two readers (three, to be exact). So I’d like to take a moment and say thanks mom, dad, and kidnap victim I keep chained in the basement.
- Jarod Kintz, The Days of Yay are Here! Wake Me Up When They're Over.
2. I’ve gotta get out of the basement. I’ve gotta see the world. I’ve gotta make a difference
- Gerard Way
3. I was trying to decide if you still had free will as a wolf. If I was a terrible person for planning to drug my girlfriend and drag her back to my house to keep in the basement.
- Maggie Stiefvater, Forever
noun. ['ˈbeɪsmənt'] the ground floor facade or interior in Renaissance architecture.