noun. ['ˈbæntɝ'] light teasing repartee.
Words that Rhyme with Banter
How do you pronounce banter?
Pronounce banter as ˈbæntər.
US - How to pronounce banter in American English
UK - How to pronounce banter in British English
Example sentences of the word banter
1. Noun, singular or mass
When your boyfriend came into the picture, suddenly you found yourself on the outside of their banter.
2. Verb, base form
After all, how are you supposed to banter with rival adventurers without charisma?
Quotes containing the word banter
1. One of my favorite things about 'Star Trek' wasn't just the overt banter but the humor in that show about the relationships between the main characters and their reactions to the situations they would face; there was a lot of comedy in that show without ever breaking its reality.
- J. J. Abrams
2. Wine can be a better teacher than ink, and banter is often better than books
- Stephen Fry, The Fry Chronicles
3. Oh God, Oh God we’re all gonna die doesn’t really fit the definition of banter, now does it?
- Lilith Saintcrow, Reckoning
verb. ['ˈbæntɝ'] be silly or tease one another.