adjective. ['ˈbænd'] forbidden by law.
Rhymes with Banned
Sentences with banned
1. Verb, past participle
This shows a list of users who have been banned in the room.
2. Verb, past tense
These chemicals damage the ozone layer, which is why the Environmental Protection Agency banned them in 1978.
Quotes about banned
1. Did you ever hear anyone say, 'That work had better be banned because I might read it and it might be very damaging to me'?
- Joseph Henry Jackson
2. And while we're on the subject of ducks, which we plainly are, the story, 'The Ugly Duckling' ought be banned as the central character wasn't a duckling or he wouldn't have grown up into a swan. He was a cygnet.
- Russell Brand, My Booky Wook
3. It hardly matters why a library is destroyed: every banning, curtailment, shredding, plunder or loot gives rise (at least as a ghostly presence) to a louder, clearer, more durable library of the banned, looted, plundered, shredded or curtailed.
- Alberto Manguel, The Library at Night