Table of Contents
noun. ['ˈbeɪn'] something causing misery or death.
Rhymes with Bane
How do you pronounce bane?
Pronounce bane as beɪn.
US - How to pronounce bane in American English
UK - How to pronounce bane in British English
Sentences with bane
1. Noun, singular or mass
Heat is both the bane and blessing of most ecosystems.
Quotes about bane
1. Malachi scowled. "I don't remember the Clave inviting you into the Glass City, Magnus Bane.""They didn't,"Magnus said. "Your wards are down.""Really?"the Consul's voice dripped sarcasm. "I hadn't noticed."Magnus looked concerned. "That's terrible. Someone should have told you."He glanced at Luke. "Tell him the wards are down.
- Cassandra Clare, City of Glass
2. I have church on Sunday.”“Of course you do.”“You’re welcome to come along.”“Thanks, but I’m allergic to incense.”“That’s a shame.”“It’s the bane of my existence.”- Beth and Jake
- Alexandra Adornetto, Halo
3. A family can be the bane of one's existence. A family can also be most of the meaning of one's existence. I don't know whether my family is bane or meaning, but they have surely gone away and left a large hole in my heart.
- Keri Hulme, The Bone People
noun. any of several herbs of the genus Doronicum having alternate often clasping stem leaves cultivated for their long stalks of yellow flower heads.