Table of Contents
noun. ['bəˈluːn'] large tough nonrigid bag filled with gas or heated air.
- trial balloon
- hot-air balloon
- lighter-than-air craft
Rhymes with Balloon
How do you pronounce balloon?
Pronounce balloon as bəˈlun.
US - How to pronounce balloon in American English
UK - How to pronounce balloon in British English
Sentences with balloon
1. Noun, singular or mass
The full loan amount is paid back at the end of the loan with one balloon payment.
2. Verb, base form
Extreme sports range from mountain biking and whitewater rafting to balloon bungee jumping and free-fall parachuting.
Quotes about balloon
1. What is success? It is a toy balloon among children armed with pins.
- Gene Fowler
2. Silence is expansive, filling up a whole room in seconds, like a balloon filled with awkwardness. It’s amazing how saying nothing can be so different from having nothing to say.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. The Hot Air Balloon CharmLife Can Be Filled with Adventure If You Let Yourself Soar
- Viola Shipman, The Charm Bracelet
noun. ['bəˈluːn'] small thin inflatable rubber bag with narrow neck.
- stay in place
verb. ['bəˈluːn'] become inflated.
- dry fly
- wet fly
- stand still
verb. ['bəˈluːn'] ride in a hot-air balloon.
- natural object