noun. ['bəˈbuːn'] large terrestrial monkeys having doglike muzzles.
- Papio ursinus
- Mandrillus leucophaeus
- Old World monkey
- Mandrillus sphinx
- babewin (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Baboon
Example sentences of the word baboon
1. Noun, singular or mass
Africa is home to the very large and very aggressive king baboon tarantula.
Quotes containing the word baboon
1. I’ll make Goyle do lines, it’ll kill him, he hates writing,” said Ron happily. He lowered his voice to Goyle’s low grunt and, screwing up his face in a look of pained concentration, mimed writing in midair. “I... must... not... look... like... a... baboon’s... backside.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
2. I am a wizard, not a baboon brandishing a stick.
- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince