noun. ['əˈweɪkənɪŋ'] the act of waking.
- waking up
Words that Rhyme with Awakening
Example sentences of the word awakening
1. Noun, singular or mass
Lotus Mudra symbolizes the awakening of your heart.
2. Verb, gerund or present participle
° 2-7 weeks — awakening
Quotes containing the word awakening
1. The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.
- Anatole France
2. My I love you was a measured response, like one gallon of coffee in one cup of sugar. It was just overflowing with an awakening of my soul.
- Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not FOR SALE
3. This first glance of a soul which does not yet know itself is like dawn in the heavens; it is the awakening of something radiant and unknown.
- Victor Hugo, Les Misérables