adjective. ['əˈvɔɪdəbəl'] capable of being avoided or warded off.
- -able (English)
- avoid (English)
- avoiden (Middle English (1100-1500))
Words that Rhyme with Avoidable
Example sentences of the word avoidable
Overdrawing a bank account is avoidable, but it does happen to even the most vigilant account holders.
Quotes containing the word avoidable
1. Avoidable human misery is more often caused not so much by stupidity as by ignorance, particularly our ignorance about ourselves.
- Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
2. Having beef with someone is unnecessary and avoidable. Whatever the issue, if not positive, it is an opportunity to cut the excess fat from an unhealthy dietary network. Simply excuse yourself from the table of negativity and lean forward in peace.
- T.F. Hodge, From Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death and Conscious Encounters with "The Divine Presence"