Table of Contents
adjective. ['əˌθɔrəˈtɛriːən'] characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty.
Rhymes with Authoritarian
How do you pronounce authoritarian?
Pronounce authoritarian as əˌθɔrəˈtɛriən.
US - How to pronounce authoritarian in American English
UK - How to pronounce authoritarian in British English
Sentences with authoritarian
This type of leader is sometimes referred to as an authoritarian leader.
Quotes about authoritarian
1. A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.
- Daniel Kahneman, Thinking, Fast and Slow
2. Parents who discipline their child by discussing the consequences of their actions produce children who have better moral development , compared to children whose parents use authoritarian methods and punishment.
- Simon Baron-Cohen, Zero Degrees of Empathy: A New Theory of Human Cruelty
3. The working class had imposed upon them a sterile and authoritarian educational system which mirrored the ethos of the corporate workplace.
- Anthony M. Platt
adjective. ['əˌθɔrəˈtɛriːən'] expecting unquestioning obedience.
noun. ['əˌθɔrəˈtɛriːən'] a person who behaves in a tyrannical manner.
- Big Brother