adjective. ['əˈtɑːmɪk'] (weapons) deriving destructive energy from the release of atomic energy.
Rhymes with Atomic
Sentences with atomic
Its symbol on the periodic table is Rh, and its atomic number is 45.
Quotes about atomic
1. When you see something that is technically sweet, you go ahead and do it and you argue about what to do about it only after you have had your technical success. That is the way it was with the atomic bomb.
- J. Robert Oppenheimer
2. It is a slightly arresting notion that if you were to pick yourself apart with tweezers, one atom at a time, you would produce a mound of fine atomic dust, none of which had ever been alive but all of which had once been you.
- Bill Bryson, A Short History of Nearly Everything
3. Anyway, I'm sort of glad they've got the atomic bomb invented. If there's ever another war, I'm going to sit right the hell on top of it. I'll volunteer for it, I swear to God I will.
- J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye
adjective. ['əˈtɑːmɪk'] immeasurably small.